2011年6月6日星期一

Lavoy Allen, LaceDarius Dunn sit on sidelines of Nets' workout with injuries

Lavoy Allen sat in street clothes on the sidelines at the Nets’ practice facility, left to watch the team’s draft prospects work out.
To get selected in the NBA Draft, he needs to answer a nagging question about his work ethic, but he could not provide any answers today, and he wasn’t the only one.
Of the six players originally scheduled to showcase themselves in East Rutherford, only two made it onto the floor. Two other players were called in as late additions.
Allen, a center from Temple, and Baylor guard LaceDarius Dunn both missed the workout with sprained ankles. Georgia guard Travis Leslie was out due to turf toe, while Jereme Richmond, a guard who left Illinois after his freshman season, was scheduled to appear but did not.
Dunn and Allen had their NBA stock hurt by being on the sideline because the two borderline second-round picks need to impress. They both have question marks attached to their résumés.
Although he is the all-time leading scorer in Big 12 history, Dunn’s senior season got off to a rough start as he was suspended for the first three games due to an arrest for aggravated assault stemming from a domestic incident.
He was not indicted, but knows what to expect from the NBA decision-makers.
“That’s the main question,” Dunn said. “They probably ask me about basketball, but eventually I know that question is coming. I get it all the time.
“I tell them the same thing. I tell them that it happened and that’s over with and I’m willing to move forward and focus on basketball.”
General manager Billy King acknowledged that the Nets’ conversation with Dunn will include questions about that incident.
“Yeah, we’ll talk to him about that,” King said. “We do our background checks so we have a lot of information.”
While Dunn will still have the chance to put any fears to rest during an interview, Allen’s inability to work out was more consequential because of inquiries about his effort on the court.
“He’s got a lot of skill, but there are times when he didn’t always show it or play 100 percent,” King said. “But he’s got all the tools to play at this level and that’s up to him how much he wants it.”
Flashing a grin, Allen said he has become used to that line of questioning and thinks it may all be a case of misunderstanding.
“I hear that all the time, that’s one of the things I try to prove in these workouts,” Allen said.
“No matter who I’m working out against, I’m trying to be the best guy on the floor and show them I have a high motor. I think people get confused at the pace I play the game. I play at a little bit of a slower pace than most people, but I think I still perform well when I do play.
“When I’m out there playing, in my mind it feels like I’m going 100 miles per hour, but when I look on film I think, well it was kind of slow.”
Former Seton Hall guard Eniel Polynice and Northern Illinois center Sean Kowal were the last-minute replacements.
They participated alongside Xavier forward Jamel McLean and Northeastern guard Chaisson Allen.

没有评论:

发表评论